Bordering Europe and Asia, Georgia was once under Soviet rule. Nature has endorsed the country with beauty in the form of amazing landscapes, mighty mountains, and beautiful beaches. One of the highest villages in Europe is present in Georgia. So if you have a plan to visit Georgia, we recommend you to get detailed information about the rules and regulation to enter and stay in Georgia. We will try to provide you with the authentic information you don't face any problem.
Depending on the duration of stay in the country and purpose of visit, Georgia has divided its visa application into different types. These are given below;
- Category A (Diplomatic visa)
- Category B (Special visa)
- Category C (Ordinary visa)
- Category D (Immigration visa)
- Category E (Transit visa)
These visas can be issued for short term and long term duration. Short term visa allows the visa holder to stay in the country for only 30 days with a single entry. While long-duration visa period varies.
Do I need a visa to travel to Georgia?
All nationals with which Georgia has diplomatic relations need a visa to enter Georgia except those who have an exemption from visa. Apart from those, countries for which Georgia has started e-visa service also do not require a permit.
Visit Georgia and meet new peoples by applying your visa at IAVISA.
Which countries need a visa for Georgia?
The list of countries which need a visa to enter Georgia are;
- The Central African Republic
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- North Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- West Indies
How do I get a tourist visa for Georgia?
Getting a tourist visa to Georgia is not difficult. If you belong to the countries with the e-visa option, you can get the visa in 5 working days. But for countries not included in the e-visa list, you need to visit the nearest Embassy of Georgia or consulate in your country.
You will require these documents to apply for a tourist visa;
- Valid passport up to six months.
- Two recent passports sized photographs.
- Visit the nearest embassy in your city. Fill the visa application form.
- Get an appointment at the embassy for your interview.
- Pay the visa fee and visa processing fee.
- Give an interview at the embassy and take your documents with you.
- After getting successfully through the interview, submit your documents at the embassy.
The embassy will inform you about the acceptance or rejection of your visa application within 15 working days.
How much is Georgia visa fee?
The visa fee for Georgia varies with the type of visa. It also varies according to the applicant's country. The list of fee for the different visa for Georgia is;
- e-visa cost: $40.25
- work visa cost: $190.00
- Work visa cost for Nigeria: $200.
So, we suggest you visit your nearest embassy for exact details.